Staci Dumas Carson’s Biography
Staci Dumas Carson attended the University of Arkansas at Little Rock where she graduated summa cum laude earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminal Justice and a minor in Technical Writing.
In 2003, Staci attended the University of Arkansas at Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law where she graduated with honors earning a Juris Doctor.
While attending law school, Staci served as Assistant Research Editor and Executive Editor of the University of Arkansas at Little Rock Law Review.
Staci authored a note and survey pieces as well as edited numerous articles for the Law Review.
Staci also served as Student Editor of the Journal of Appellate Practice & Process.
Staci is the author of “Making Amends,” which appears in the Journal of Literature and Medicine.
Staci is Co-Author of “Punitive Damages: A State-by-State Compendium; Arkansas, The DRI Defense Library Series (2009)”.
Staci joined the firm in 2003.
Her practice areas are in insurance defense and commercial litigation with special emphasis in appellate advocacy, insurance coverage, ERISA, and other employee benefits litigation.
Staci offers a well-rounded approach to litigation, as she handles cases in the state and federal trial courts, as well as the Arkansas Supreme Court, Arkansas Court of Appeals, and Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Staci is a member of the American Bar Association, Arkansas Bar Association, Pulaski County Bar Association, Arkansas Association of Women Lawyers, and the Defense Research Institute. Staci was selected to Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2008-2011.
Reported Appellate Decisions:
- Bunn Builders. Inc. v. Womack, 2011 Ark. 132 (arson and spoliation instruction).
- Campbell v. Asbury Auto., Inc., 2011 Ark. 157 (unauthorized practice of law and Arkansas Deceptive Trade Practices Act).
- Reichardt v. Creasey, 2010 Ark. App. 736 (wrongful death and service issues).
- Farm Bureau Mut. Ins. Co. of Ark., Inc. v. Sells, 2010 Ark. App. 728 (insurance contract interpretation).
- Rees v. McLaughlin, 2010 Ark. App. 617 (child custody and appellate procedure).
- Jennings v. Architectural Prods., 2010 Ark. App. 413 (slip and fall premises liability and evidentiary issues).
- Bruce v. Hancock, 2010 Ark. App. 171 (motor vehicle negligence and grant of new trial).
- Greenwood v. Anderson, 2009 Ark. 360, 324 S.W.3d 324 (wrongful death and parental immunity doctrine).
- Wilson v. Smith, 2009 Ark. App. 677 (motor vehicle negligence and statute of limitations).
- Hendrix v. Stobaugh, 2009 Ark. App. 657, 343 S.W.3d 597 (slip and fall premises liability and grant of summary judgment).
- State Farm Auto Ins. Co. v. Stamps, 2009 Ark. 621 (motor vehicle negligence, underinsured motorist benefits, and statutory damages).
- Johnson v. Rockwell Automation Inc., 2009 Ark. 241, 308 S.W.3d 135 (constitutionality of tort reform legislation).
- Lane v. Celadon Trucking, Inc., 543 F.3d 1005 (8th Cir. 2008) (choice of law issues).
- Tweedle v. State Farm Fire & Cas. Co., 527 F.3d 664 (8th Cir. 2008) (procedural issues).
- Powers v. Unum Life Ins. Co. of Am., 277 Fed. Appx. 655 (8th Cir. 2008) (denial of disability benefits).
- Evans v. State Farm Fire & Cas. Co., 304 Fed. Appx. 468 (8th Cir. 2008) (arson and bad faith).
- Bennett v. Spaight, 2008 372 Ark. 446, 277 S.W.3d 182 (motor vehicle negligence and service issues).
- State Farm Mut. Auto. Ins. Co. v. Jones, 2008 Ark. App. LEXIS 581 (statutory damages).
- Bailey v. McRoy, 99 Ark. App. 185, 258 S.W.3d 388 (2007) (motor vehicle negligence and grant of new trial).
- Williams v. Alexander, 2007 Ark. App. LEXIS 713 (motor vehicle negligence and denial of new trial).
- Francis v. Protective Life Ins. Co., 371 Ark. 285, 265 S.W.3d 117 (2007) (appellate procedure).
- Bradley v. Welch, 94 Ark. App. 171, 228 S.W.3d 559 (2006) (swimming pool premises liability).
- Asbury Auto. Group, Inc. v. Palasack, 366 Ark. 601, 237 S.W.3d 462 (2006) (class certification).
- Low v. Ins. Co. of N. Am., 364 Ark. 427, 220 S.W.3d 670 (2005) (charitable immunity).
- Nationwide Mut. Fire Ins. Co. v. Fleetwood Homes of Tenn., Inc., 2005 Ark. App. LEXIS 795 (products liability).
- Primerica Life Ins. Co. v. Watson, 362 Ark. 54, 207 S.W.3d 443 (2005) (statutory damages).